A new clinical program for women with pelvic floor disorders is now open at Northwestern Medicine Central DuPage Hospital in Winfield.
Pelvic floor disorders are common conditions that affect one in three women. The Women's Integrated Pelvic Health Program at Central DuPage Hospital features a team of fellowship trained and board-certified specialists in female pelvic medicine and reconstructive surgery.
"Our team is thrilled to bring our comprehensive, transdisciplinary approach for the care of pelvic floor disorders to the western suburbs," says Dr. Sarah Collins, MD, director of the Women's Integrated Health Program at Northwestern Medicine Central DuPage Hospital. "We look forward to collaborating with our new colleagues and to bringing our patients the best possible care close to home."
The new clinic offers comprehensive evaluation and treatment of pelvic floor disorders, such as:
• Urinary incontinence
• Prolapse of the vagina, uterus, bladder and rectum
• Fecal incontinence and accidental bowel leakage
• Childbirth -- and pregnancy -- related pelvic floor problems
• Voiding problems and difficulty emptying the bladder
• Congenital disorders related to the gynecologic and urologic system
• Fistulas (vesicovaginal, ureterovaginal and rectovaginal)
• Complications of mesh and gynecologic surgery
The clinic offers minimally invasive surgery and has a dedicated pelvic health physical therapist on site.
The Integrated Pelvic Health Program at Northwestern Medicine Central DuPage Hospital is located in Suite 407, Outpatient Services Building, located at 25 Winfield Road, Winfield. To schedule an appointment, patients can call (312) 694-7337.
Source : http://www.dailyherald.com/submitted/20180110/new-womens-integrated-pelvic-health-program-opens-at-central-dupage-hospital